Haven & AlcoholEDU
Georgia State University is proud to partner with EverFi to offer online education to new students. As part of a comprehensive health and safety program, Georgia State University expects each incoming student to complete Haven® or Haven Plus® and first-year students to also complete AlcoholEDU®.
AlcoholEdu®, powered by Everfi, provides useful, research-based information to help students make healthy decisions and to help them develop healthy lifestyle habits that will benefit them the rest of their lives. AlcoholEdu® incorporates the latest evidence-based prevention methods to create a highly personalized user experience that inspires students to reflect on and consider changing their drinking behaviors. A federally funded, 30-campus randomized control trial found that AlcoholEdu® reduces high-risk drinking and alcohol-related harm among college students. The program motivates behavior change by:
- Resetting unrealistic expectations about the effects of alcohol
- Linking choices about drinking to academic and personal success
- Helping students practice safer decision-making
- Engaging students to create a healthier campus community
- Key definitions and statistics
- Reflective and personalized content
- Bystander skill and confidence-building strategies
- Campus-specific policies, procedures and resources
- Rich data summaries to inform future programming
To register for Haven, AlcoholEDU and/or HavenPlus, please use the links below. Students will use their Georgia State University campusID and password to register for the course. Students who do not complete the course in one setting can use the links below to complete the course at a later date.
- First Year students are expected to complete Haven and AlcoholEDU
- Transfer students are expected to complete Haven
- Graduate and professional students are expected to complete HavenPlus
Georgia State University expects all incoming students to complete Haven or HavenPlus. New students under the age of 23 must also complete AlcoholEDU. Students enrolled in GSU1010 are required to complete both Haven and AlcoholEDU as part of GSU1010 course requirements.
|Students Starting Summer 2017||Part 1 Deadline: June 26, 2017
Part 2 Deadline: August 21, 2017
|Students Starting Fall 2017||Part 1 Deadline: September 11, 2017
Part 2 Deadline: November 6, 2017
Students who miss the Part 1 deadline should finish Part 1 of the required courses as soon as possible. There is a 30 day intersession between Part 1 and 2. Georgia State expects that required courses will be completed by the end of the student’s first semester.
Frequently Asked Questions
Internet access and audio capabilities are required. To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.