#HealthyStatePanthers October: Panthers, Pause for Self-Care
College students experience stress related to academics, social connection, chronic disease, and traumatic events. Throughout the month we will focus on ways for students to practice self-care on a regular basis to reduce stress and enhance overall well-being. Self-care is broad concept which encompasses taking care of oneself (e.g., sleep hygiene, regular physical activity, regular health screenings), connecting socially (e.g., healthy vs unhealthy relationships), eating a well-balanced diet, and managing stress in healthy ways (e.g., avoiding alcohol & other drugs, engaging in meditation).
What can you do for self-care?
- Watch a brief YouTube about sleep hygiene with Health Educator, Camila Pham
- Complete a Kahoot quiz to win swag
- Follow #SleepWellPanthers all month for sleep hygiene tips from the BeWellPanthers team members
- Learn how to get tested for HIV at Georgia State University & order a Safer Sex kit by watching the
- Participate in the #RedFlagsPanthers campaign to identify healthy & unhealthy patterns in a relationship, PIN information
- Complete a MindWise online mental health screening to check in on your general wellbeing along with screenings related to depression, anxiety, alcohol, and drugs #PanthersMindWise
- Participate in a Mindful Meditation hosted by the Counseling Center each Monday at 10am on BeWellPanthers Instagram Live
- Get moving with Student Health Promotion’s #MoveItMondayPanthers Instagram Live at 11am on BeWellPanthers
- Check out the events section of the BeWellPanthers PIN page for campus specific, in-person, Healthy State event details to create your own self-care kit
Follow #HealthyStatePanthers throughout the year to learn more about the health focus of the month with @BeWellPanthers