Healthy & Happy Body
A healthy body image means feeling good in our bodies. Healthy and happy bodies are essential for academic success. College life can present students with unique challenges when it comes to taking care of their health and staying active. Balancing coursework, family, employment and maintaining a social life creates quite a juggling act. It can be challenging to take care of so many responsibilities and stay healthy.
Resources for students
Student Nutrition Services provides individual (virtual) nutrition counseling.
- The online magazine BeWell Panthers has a section specifically related to nutrition.
- ChooseMyPlate provides basic guidelines for healthy nutrition and healthy eating tips for students who are on the go.
- American Cancer Society Calorie Counter is a tool to help students get to a healthy weight based on personal information.
Healthy eating basics
- Keep hydrated with water.
- Avoid caffeine, soda and energy drinks.
- Avoid adding additional sugar and salt to food.
- Eat fish twice a week. Herring, salmon and tuna are best for concentration.
- Eat regular, small meals to keep the metabolism active and the mind focused.
- Minimize adding condiments on sandwiches and replace with humus or avocado spread.