Peer educators support the mission of Perimeter College and seek to promote, inform and create awareness on ways to avoid alcohol and drug abuse that negatively affect highway safety and jeopardize the lives of people in our society.
Student Health Promotion works in partnership with the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety to develop programs, activities and initiatives to educate all students.
- 40 percent of all traffic deaths are related to alcohol.
- Young people are more likely than older people to be involved in a crash.
- Almost half of all traffic deaths among 16 to 24 year olds involve alcohol.
- One drink might actually equal three or four drinks. This is especially true of punches or mixed drinks.
- The person who drinks only a little, or less than everyone else or stops drinking early is a controlled drinker.
- However, a controlled drinker should never be the designated driver!